Loan Protection Insurance
Having your loan repaid in the event of your death means your family won't have to worry about the repayments themselves. They'll have enough to deal with as it is.
We can also help cover your loan repayments if you are unfit to work or if you've been made redundant or bankrupt.
Claims are processed quickly and premiums reduce each month as your loan balance reduces.
Cover can be applied for at the time of your loan so talk to your lending consultant about which covers may be right for you. Cover is optional and subject to underwriting.
Simply contact us if you have any questions, we're here to help.
- Death benefit - life insurance to the value of the loan outstanding
- Disability benefit – payment of loan instalments if unfit for work for 7 days or more
- Critical Illness benefit – lump sum payment of $10,000 for a trauma event
- Redundancy benefit – payment of 6 months loan instalments if made redundant
- Bankruptcy benefit – payment of 6 months loan instalments if made bankrupt
- Hospital Cash benefit – daily payment if hospitalised for 7 nights or more
You can view the Loan Protection Certificate here.
We wish to advise members that as of the 1st of June 2018 members with Loan Protection Insurance are insured with First Insurance Ltd, a fully owned subsidiary of First Credit Union. There are some beneficial changes to the covers offered and members already insured have their covers upgraded at no extra cost.
FIRST CREDIT UNION LOAN PROTECTION INSURANCE is underwritten by First Insurance Limited. First Insurance Limited has a BB+ (stable) insurer financial strength rating issued by Fitch Ratings in May 2018.
Fitch Ratings Insurer Financial Strength Ratings Scale: AAA: Exceptionally Strong | AA: Very strong | A: Strong | BBB: Good| BB: Moderately weak B: Weak | CCC: Very weak | CC: Extremely weak | C: Distressed.